• Quick Navigation
Photo

Looking for a table of contents for GMP certification documentation?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

lindsaysheppard91

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I started working at a Packaging Manufacturer almost two months ago now. I was brought here to help them get there GMP certification. They had previously hired an outside service to set up the Quality Management System book. I have been going through all of the policies, and honestly don't like the work that the person did.

SO my question is:

For the GMP certification, is there any kind of outline of what I need to do? I feel like I am all over the place and am doing so many different things and not really accomplishing much. I have been taking an online course to get HACCP certified, but as I have been looking in these forums, I keep seeing people post about SQF, BRC certifications and that they are setting up a book in such format. The third party consultant had set up a "Quality Management System" book, but I was wondering if anyone had any samples, like a table of contents of their book they use for their company (If you are already GMP certified) Also, after we get GMP certified, is that when we get SQF/BRC?

I'd appreciate any help I can get :)

Thank you,

Lindsay

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I started working at a Packaging Manufacturer almost two months ago now. I was brought here to help them get there GMP certification. They had previously hired an outside service to set up the Quality Management System book. I have been going through all of the policies, and honestly don't like the work that the person did.

SO my question is:

For the GMP certification, is there any kind of outline of what I need to do? I feel like I am all over the place and am doing so many different things and not really accomplishing much. I have been taking an online course to get HACCP certified, but as I have been looking in these forums, I keep seeing people post about SQF, BRC certifications and that they are setting up a book in such format. The third party consultant had set up a "Quality Management System" book, but I was wondering if anyone had any samples, like a table of contents of their book they use for their company (If you are already GMP certified) Also, after we get GMP certified, is that when we get SQF/BRC?

I'd appreciate any help I can get :)

Thank you,

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay,

Any answer will depend on which Standard you are seeking Certification to ???

There exist -

GMP Standards

HACCP Standards

GFSI Standards (eg BRC,SQF)

And Others

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

lindsaysheppard91

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

HI Charles,

We are trying to get GMP Certified.

FSQA

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

Hi Lindsay,

As Charles mentioned above, it depends on multiple factors, of which one is related to which standard your are seeking certification to achieve.

However, whichever standard you decide to incline towards (SQF/AIB/BRC,etc), you policy should reflect the industry standards.

Here is a post (shared by Charles) earlier that can help you understand it better:

https://www.ifsqn.co...k-like/?p=63466

(please do look at the attachment : gm4 - GMP in food.pdf as it defines a list to help you with what you are trying to achieve).

Thanked by 1 Member:
chu lin

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users