• Quick Navigation
Photo

Identification of microcontamination in tetra brik products.

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

MarioL

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Peru
    Peru

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:58 AM

Dears,

I would like your help in issues of identification of microorganisms in tetra brik products; When there are some events of inesterility (packaging swelling) we carry out the isolation and identification of the bacteria, but we only identify morphology and only two biochemical tests: catalase and oxidase. Would it be necessary to reach gender identification or even species? Would it generate a necessary plus to be able to find the root cause of where the problem of inesterility could have occurred? Because these tests are very expensive but for cost benefit would it be necessary?
Please, I have your support and experience to resolve this doubt.
Asismo would be grateful if they had literary information about the normal flora that exists in these processes.

PD: the frequency of cases we have is 1 or 2 cases every two months.

Thank you in advance for your help

EagleEye

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 111 posts
  • 30 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:16 AM

Dears,

I would like your help in issues of identification of microorganisms in tetra brik products; When there are some events of inesterility (packaging swelling) we carry out the isolation and identification of the bacteria, but we only identify morphology and only two biochemical tests: catalase and oxidase. Would it be necessary to reach gender identification or even species? Would it generate a necessary plus to be able to find the root cause of where the problem of inesterility could have occurred? Because these tests are very expensive but for cost benefit would it be necessary?
Please, I have your support and experience to resolve this doubt.
Asismo would be grateful if they had literary information about the normal flora that exists in these processes.

PD: the frequency of cases we have is 1 or 2 cases every two months.

Thank you in advance for your help

It would be better if you have identified the microbe(s). It seems you are relying on conventional identification methods and that also done partially, I suppose.
How many isolates you got morphologically? What about the oxidase and catalase result?
Is it a milk based product?

Obviously, with a little data based information and a lot of assumptions based on the study of your scenario, an expert could get to know the type of organism you are encountering and definitely that would help to get focus on to the root cause and find the window of contamination.

Taking into account the frequency of occurrence and the urgency to find a solution to the problem, the factor "expensive" shouldn't be a hindrance to this one time species identification test series that would hopefully make you able to find a solution permanently.

Have a nice day..

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

• MarioL likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
MarioL

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

It's "only" one or two cases a month, so the further identification work may seem expensive, but I'd want to get this resolved before it becomes a more significant problem.

Depending on the specific issue you're having (not clear what type of product etc it is), identifying the species may provide some extremely useful information about potential causes of your problem. From what you've said so far, I'd definitely get the identification work done if I was in your position.

Thanked by 1 Member:
MarioL

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 227 posts
  • 69 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Validation, basketball, chocolatier

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

Hi, MarioL.

For the insterility, does this happen after an event e.g. splicing of packaging or some downtime or this happened even in the absence of event (e.g. stoppage etc). If it is the former, it may be worthwhile to observe practices first on what is happening on these events. If it is the latter, then identification is not expensive. If it is happening 1-2 times a month, then the identified cause and action may not be correct and the ID of the specie may be the one who will help you to resolve the problem. 

IMEX, having 1-2 routine samples of insterility in a year is already a big issue for us (the nature is milk btw) especially one batch equal to so many briks.

Thanked by 1 Member:
MarioL

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users