• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Syria
    Syria

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

Dears,

I want to know if metal particles contamination is expected in "in-mold labeling" machine

here you can find a you tube link for such process: https://www.youtube....LzUuDVUM&t=190s

and if it possible, how to install a metal detector after the stacking conveyor?

many thnaks 

nagalingam.jkpm

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:16 AM

Dear Mr.ziad.shalabi

By reviewing the video link the possibility of metal contamination in this in-mold labeling machine is possible. Because the cups are inverted & reverted back 90 degree every time. If any openings on the machine topside or loose screws in the machine , likely hood of contaminant is definitely possible. I would suggest you can introduce x-ray scanner at terminal end or mitigate the other possibilities by perform risk assessment for the equipment ....

Hope this will be helpful

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:43 AM

Hi,

is the chocolate free from metal particles? Try a magnet. I assume you will find some. But I think your question is related to larger particles (foriegn bodies) which might be a health risk.

For us it is a general principle - all lines of finished products will end with a "foreign body detector" (metal detector or x-ray).

Rgds

moskito

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRC IoP, Plastic, packaging, CCP, metal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users