• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:35 AM

Hi all,

I would like to check regarding QC testing form. 

Our current practice is we use recycled paper to print out our QC testing form / record for our QC finished product analysis. 

Our customer came to audit our plants and raise this issue. They said that it should be printed on new A4 paper instead of using recycled paper. We did mentioned to them that this is only use for our internal documents. 

Is this not allowed in GMP or HACCP

Thank you. 

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

I've not seen a single management standard that prevent or regulate use of re-cycled paper for printing new records or documents. Only some precautions must be considered as good documentation practices.

1) Re-Cycled paper should be strong and intact that support legibility and proper record keeping. It must be strong to complete life cycle of new record (depends on retention period of new record).

2) The old records must be crossed so that there would be no confusion of mixing up of new and old records.

3) Care must be taken to check whether old records are not confidential with respect to Customer, Organization of Employee.

• catherinepc likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
catherinepc

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:45 PM

I've experienced the same, also from CFIA inspectors. I argued the point (and would always argue the point) that it's none of their business what paper is used. Now, I always put a big line through the text on the "bad" side of the paper.

Ask them to show you the regulation/requirement, otherwise keep doing what your doing

• catherinepc likes this

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Did they say why?

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:55 PM

I thought A4 indicated a sheet size and not a particular type of paper.

catherinepc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:49 AM

Did they say why?

They didn't say why. We always have this kind of fussy auditor. 

:giggle:

catherinepc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:50 AM

I thought A4 indicated a sheet size and not a particular type of paper.

Sorry, they mean new paper instead of using a recycled paper. 

But we do mention to them that we do not use control document as recycled paper. 

catherinepc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:52 AM

I've experienced the same, also from CFIA inspectors. I argued the point (and would always argue the point) that it's none of their business what paper is used. Now, I always put a big line through the text on the "bad" side of the paper.

Ask them to show you the regulation/requirement, otherwise keep doing what your doing

Yes, exactly. I did mention to my staff that next time please ask them to show us the regulation / requirement. 

catherinepc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:55 AM

I've not seen a single management standard that prevent or regulate use of re-cycled paper for printing new records or documents. Only some precautions must be considered as good documentation practices.

1) Re-Cycled paper should be strong and intact that support legibility and proper record keeping. It must be strong to complete life cycle of new record (depends on retention period of new record).

2) The old records must be crossed so that there would be no confusion of mixing up of new and old records.

3) Care must be taken to check whether old records are not confidential with respect to Customer, Organization of Employee.

Yes. I have also check out local food safety / GMP standard. Our documentation has been audited by the authorities for so many years and they never had issues regarding this.

Anyhow,  Thank you for your suggestion. We will always practice proper document control. 

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haccp, document control, recycled paper, testing form, qc, gmp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users