• IFSQN Member
  • 79 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:10 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm hoping to gain some advice. In recent weeks I'm starting to see elevated TVC Colonies 10^3 post back in gingerbread and cupcakes, and I'm trying to understand why. As far as I'm aware, nothing has changed in the process, which leads me to the thought process, has something changed with how Operators are cleaning. It feels like biofilms and probably a lack of disinfectant as part of the cleaning process.

Welcome your thoughts.

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:34 AM

Do you run verification of the cleaning i.e. visual/ATP ? Any changes in the cleaning chemicals or dilution - are titrations regular and ok?

StevieP

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 79 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:42 AM

Carry out visual cleaning. I've checked titrations, and all found to be in spec. I have noticed that I had low level TVC in water last week, and wondering if there is a link there

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:18 PM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm hoping to gain some advice. In recent weeks I'm starting to see elevated TVC Colonies 10^3 post back in gingerbread and cupcakes, and I'm trying to understand why. As far as I'm aware, nothing has changed in the process, which leads me to the thought process, has something changed with how Operators are cleaning. It feels like biofilms and probably a lack of disinfectant as part of the cleaning process.

Welcome your thoughts.

Need some typical data vs some "elevated"  data.

Need TVC methodology.

in-house ?

JFI, the accuracy of TVC data is notoriously variable and can often vary with analyst/sampling.

Carry out visual cleaning. I've checked titrations, and all found to be in spec. I have noticed that I had low level TVC in water last week, and wondering if there is a link there

Hopefully not also in the thousands.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users