• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

Am new to this forum and have found so many materials here interesting and helpful.

I recently took up a new role with a relatively small kitchen production where they make ready to eat meals and salad. They do not have foot bath and are not willing to buy. 

Company did not provide work boot or shoes for employees. What other suggestions can you guys give in order to ensure contamination does not come from the footwear.

Also, should visitors be allowed to go through high care facility or not.

Thankyou for your kind response.

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

Booties?

LWorden

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:57 PM

Hi there! I did a quick search and found disposable shoe covers. Not sure if I am allowed to provide a link or not but if you search "disposable shoe covers", you will find them. Basically a hair net for shoes.

• sarahlee likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
sarahlee

Raghav

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:02 AM

Ready to eat meals and salad is high risk zone. Rubber boots per head would cost <A$10  and must be used only in that zone then changing table is required and end of the day hang upside down and rinse of with disinfectant.

• sarahlee likes this

arahman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:12 PM

one company I worked for was food manufacturing so we had to wear safety shoes in the warehouse and leave the shoes at work. Visitors would wear booties(those hair nets for shoes)

• Steve Panos and sarahlee like this

SpiceyQA

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:48 PM

Foot baths can be expensive. Depending on your facility layout you can do a dry quat powder across the entrance ways of the high care areas. The powder disinfects the bottom of shoes that walk across it. However it can leave a powdery trail everywhere people walk.

• sarahlee likes this

MsMars

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 606 posts
  • 194 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

Foot baths can be expensive. Depending on your facility layout you can do a dry quat powder across the entrance ways of the high care areas. The powder disinfects the bottom of shoes that walk across it. However it can leave a powdery trail everywhere people walk.

That is part of the point of quat powder - it's supposed to track everywhere.  It's a nuisance, but it works.  Dry powder and a captive shoe policy are good solutions for RTE.  I would not recommend footbaths anyway - if anything, if your company is eventually willing to invest some capital, door sprayers/foamers are a better option (with adequate drainage). 

Larmata

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:01 PM

Indeed, it is very important to draw attention to the points mentioned earlier in the post and I have always been attentive to this.

Marloes

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 288 posts
  • 76 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:34 PM

It is extremely important to keep out any micro-organisms/dirt/bugs in your high care production zone.

For those who do not have ''inside shoes'' have shoe covers available. You can either get the plastic disposable kind or (as we use) rubber washable covers. We wear them for a day and toss them in the washer to be clean for the next.

Please also make sure that your colleague's clean their regular work boots effectively. Best would be a brush track. But if costs are an issue you can also find other options. We have a little brush connected to a water hose that people can manually use to clear their shoes (besides our brush track). 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users