• Quick Navigation
Photo

Document Control Procedures

Share this

Best Answer , 11 January 2020 - 05:22 AM

Hi, 

I am currently working on BRC requirement for document control procedures. I am responsible to revise all the programs at least on annual basis along with my food safety team. We have version #, Revision Date# and Effective date# on the all of our documents. 

I am little confused here, if i need to update the version# if there has not been any changes made to the document even though I update the revision date??

Thanks, 

Daisy 

Hi Daisy,

BRC8 seems to require this -

2.13.1 Documentation and record-keeping shall be sufficient to enable the site to verify that the HACCP and food safety controls, including controls managed by prerequisite programmes, are in place and maintained.

Appear no specific requirements such as "revision" so you are perhaps being somewhat over-conscientious ?

If "revision" deemed essential, I would have thought it simpler if you simply write a specific, few lines, "Procedure" stating that all documents included in the "Issued Document Register" (which I assume you have) are reviewed annually for correctness. Then issue a Form which adds one more column to a copy of the Register for someone to sign off for "Verification". Plus an appended corrective action chunk,  just in case.

PS - I don't see the point of "Effective Date" . Surely a Procedure cannot be issued/approved unless it is then Effective ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Daisy Kaur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:34 PM

Hi, 

I am currently working on BRC requirement for document control procedures. I am responsible to revise all the programs at least on annual basis along with my food safety team. We have version #, Revision Date# and Effective date# on the all of our documents. 

I am little confused here, if i need to update the version# if there has not been any changes made to the document even though I update the revision date??

Thanks, 

Daisy 

arahman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:38 PM

We have a format like the attachment. if no changes are required or made and only review is required, we date stamp were it says 'review approval date' 

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:
DaisyLuck

Daisy Kaur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:40 PM

Hi arahman, 

thank you for your reply and your tip. 

Daisy 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:22 AM   Best Answer

Hi, 

Thanks, 

Daisy 

Hi Daisy,

BRC8 seems to require this -

2.13.1 Documentation and record-keeping shall be sufficient to enable the site to verify that the HACCP and food safety controls, including controls managed by prerequisite programmes, are in place and maintained.

Appear no specific requirements such as "revision" so you are perhaps being somewhat over-conscientious ?

If "revision" deemed essential, I would have thought it simpler if you simply write a specific, few lines, "Procedure" stating that all documents included in the "Issued Document Register" (which I assume you have) are reviewed annually for correctness. Then issue a Form which adds one more column to a copy of the Register for someone to sign off for "Verification". Plus an appended corrective action chunk,  just in case.

PS - I don't see the point of "Effective Date" . Surely a Procedure cannot be issued/approved unless it is then Effective ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Daisy Kaur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:43 PM

Thanks Charles :) I really appreciate your help. I guess things make more sense to me.

Daisy  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users