• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to control stone contamination in frozen steamed sweet potato?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tran Cuong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:08 AM

My factory produced frozen steam sweet potato. We had problem with stone, there are many stone contamitainted on finish product. Sweet potato grow under sand, so have some stone dip into them. We can not remove all of them by washing. Although we have XRay inspection, but if the stone too small we can not detect it to reject.
So does anyone have experience about this problem? Please help me.

Gửi từ CPH1825 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

mkartistik

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

Probably washing the Sweet potato with high pressure may help, alternatively you may use the vibrating machine having pores so that small stones if attached to the sweet potatoes can be removed along with the water. *Cheers*

I'd like to know the whole process in order to understand the chain and implementation of new step to reduce your problem.

• Tran Cuong likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
QAGB

Dave Lenef

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:32 PM

Since potatoes can grow around stones, you won't be able to shake all stone contaminants off. It would help to get more details about your line, but for now, I suggest looking into dual energy x-ray inspection, which is optimized to find low density contaminants like stones.

Tran Cuong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

Probably washing the Sweet potato with high pressure may help, alternatively you may use the vibrating machine having pores so that small stones if attached to the sweet potatoes can be removed along with the water. *Cheers*

I'd like to know the whole process in order to understand the chain and implementation of new step to reduce your problem.

Actually we are washing by machine under high pressure, but can not remove all. Can not apply vibrating machine because it will be damage skin of sweet potato.
Our process: washing>> cutting into pieces>> steaming>>> freezing by iqf>>> packing>>> xray inspection.
Please give me your idea

Tran Cuong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:56 PM

Since potatoes can grow around stones, you won't be able to shake all stone contaminants off. It would help to get more details about your line, but for now, I suggest looking into dual energy x-ray inspection, which is optimized to find low density contaminants like stones.

Our process: washing>> cutting into pieces>> steaming>>> freezing by iqf>>> packing>>> xray inspection.
How can xray remove all by xray inspection?

Kiran

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:12 AM

x-ray system can detect stones and reject product if it has stones.  dual energy x-ray will perform better for stone detection.  with bulk inspection system, you may inspect product prior to packing. 

https://www.eaglepi....technology-mdx/

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users