• Quick Navigation
Photo

Would it be possible for our corporate office to handle the SQF audit and procedures from Europe for our office in the US?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

KSMFF

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

Hello all,

I need advice. I am stepping away from my role as an SQF practitioner at a low risk office/warehouse in the US. We are certified under manufacturing (because we pump product through filters into silos for storage, and then to tankers for distribution) as well as storage and distribution because of our warehouse operations. Our corporate/manufacturing facility is located in Europe and certified under IFS and BRC. As I am leaving, corporate has asked if I can look into the possibility of the certification in the US office being handled by the quality team in Italy. 

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible for our corporate office to handle the audit procedures from Europe for our office in the US? We are a very small operation and it realistically does not make sense to have an SQF practitioner here as there is not enough for them to do outside of audit time. My role shifted so far away from SQF that any person with a technical background would not stay here for long. We will also consider getting the US site certified for BRC and IFS if that makes more sense.

Thank you. 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible for our corporate office to handle the audit procedures from Europe for our office in the US?  "

No, not for SQF.

The requirements for the SQF Practitioner is very clear in the Code.

The only sanctioned things that is allowed is for 1 SQF Practitioner working from one site can cover other same named facilities in a given area - but still, each location must have a covering person for the SQF Practitioner.

• Setanta likes this

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sqfbrc, audit, multi-site