• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do we have to put contains nuts on pallet labels carrying nut products?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

C_Custer

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:36 AM

We've always been 100% cheese snack, Gluten Free Certified Facility. Next year they plan on bring nuts into the facility to sell in our web store. Warehouse mostly, some packaging in smaller cases to send to web customers. My question is: For storage purposes I want to label the pallets with nuts as such, so we can store separate from non-nut pallets and keep separation. If we're shipping out pallets with nuts, do we need to label those pallets out the door as "contains nuts"?

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:59 PM

Not a regulatory requirement as far as I know, BUT....your customer may likely require it so they can easily identify and segregate.  Always a good idea to include it.

• kettlecorn likes this

kettlecorn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 45 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2020 - 04:19 PM

Not a regulatory requirement as far as I know, BUT....your customer may likely require it so they can easily identify and segregate.  Always a good idea to include it.

I think Ryan is right here. I don't know of any regulation that requires this, but it's not a bad idea; however, are we talking about wooden or plastic pallets here? Do you have documentation from your supplier (or pallet provider) that the pallets have been stored in a clean environment prior to your using them? (It might also be helpful to think through some sort of sanitation procedure for the pallets, heat treatment or otherwise.)

I probably would worry more about where pallets have been (and the condition they turn about to be in) than the rest, although allergy segregation is always a good thing. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users