What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is ISO 22000 relevant for an independant restaurant?

Started by , Jun 29 2008 07:33 PM
5 Replies
Hi I am Vassilios from Montreal Canada, where I own a family restaurant. I also do catering . Now my question is I looking to implement ISO 22000 is it a viable option and if there is any iso books dedicated to restaurants.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use? ISO 22000 : 2018 Template ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1
[Ad]

Hi I am Vassilios from Montreal Canada, where I own a family restaurant. I also do catering . Now my question is I looking to implement ISO 22000 is it a viable option and if there is any iso books dedicated to restaurants.

Hi Vassilios, There was some related discussion here recently: ISO 22000 in a mall

Do you have any food safety systems in place at the moment? HACCP?

Regards,
Simon
Hello Vassilius,

For me it's more useful having a certification 'according to Haccp rules' or sthg like that than implementing 22000 in a restaurant. Perhaps you already have this kind 'certification', but I agree with Simon in one of his previous mails, involvment in 22K represents a lot of money first compared with the return on investment in a restaurant,

Emmanuel.
Base on my previous experiences, whether you are going for the Codex-HACCP or ISO 22000:2005, organization and operation size is irrelevant.

Again, whichever way you wish to go, the catering HACCP Plan will come into effects supported by the appropriate PRPs as guided by CAC-RCP 1-1969 or ISO 22000 Standard requirements including the appropriate verification activities which should be simple to establish and implement.

Clearly, you may have a menu strategy of up to 100 items, the HACCP Plan remains the same. Personally, I would go for ISO 22000 as part of a business investment.

Regards
Charles Chew
Vassilios, Have the comments helped you make a decision on what action your are going to take?

Regards,
Simon
i agree with charles on iso22000 being a good investment. considering the nature of your business which is a restaurant, you would attract corporations into dining at your own establishment specifically the ones which are ISO certified as well.

I've worked in a hotel before and tendency of the big companies is they make reservations as a group and only have company events at restaurants and hotels that are certified as well for them to be assured of their employee's safety.

Then again, if you already have HACCP, as long as you're regularly reviewing and verifying your controls, you could still assure the safety of the food you are serving.

hope this helps.

Similar Discussion Topics
Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use? ISO 22000 : 2018 Template ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 How to purchase the FSSC 22000 V6 Certification package? ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification?