What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Additives Legislation in the UK and US

Started by , Apr 01 2005 04:46 PM
2 Replies
Hi! Dear all,

I am a new member and start to enjoy travelling around this website.. Interesting and useful. Thank you for all of your professional info and opinion.

I have one question that would like to seek your advise. I would like to know any website would talk about the use of food additive is compliance with UK or US regulation.

THanks!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Defense Plan Builder Help Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment and Utensils in Food Industry Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse
[Ad]

I have one question that would like to seek your advise. I would like to know any website would talk about the use of food additive is compliance with UK or US regulation.

Hi Yvonne,

welcome to SDF. Did you try Google search ?
Hello Yvonne, welcome to the forums.

The UK Legislation on food additives is taken from the wider EU community legislation. The EU Community legislation on food additives consists of the following Directives:

 Council Directive 89/107/EEC, as amended by Directive 94/34/EC, that provides the framework for the authorisation of food additives;
 European Parliament and Council Directive 94/36/EC that lays down detailed rules on colours;
 European Parliament and Council Directive 94/35/EC, as amended by Directive 96/83/EC, that lays down detailed rules on sweeteners;
 European Parliament and Council Directive 95/2/EC, as amended by Directives 96/85/EC, 98/72/EC and 2001/5/EC, that lays down detailed rules for authorisation of all food additives other than colours and sweeteners.

Copies of the directives can be downloaded in various languages from the web site below:

http://europa.eu.int...v_index_en.html

Can anyone help out with food additive legislation in the United States?

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Defense Plan Builder Help Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment and Utensils in Food Industry Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Food Fraud & Food Defense Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces