What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Standard - Purchasing

Started by , Jul 31 2003 07:09 AM
2 Replies
Hi there!

I am wondering if I have to make Purchasing procedure for the BRC, or will the Supplier Approval procedure be enough.

Would appreciate if someone can give me this advice.

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing Standard Bread Baking Method
[Ad]
Hi Dudu,

There is no requirement in the BRC/IoP Packaging Standard for a purchasing procedure. The requirements of the standard in this area are for material and supplier assurance:

4.3 Specifications
You must have material specifications ensuring that the components or articles that come into contact with food are suitable for intended use. The specifications must be adequate, accurate and ensure compliance with relevant safety and legislative requirements; and should be formally agreed and signed by both parties. The specifications should be reviewed at regular intervals e.g. annually.

4.9 Supplier Monitoring
You will need to have a procedure for selecting suppliers and assessing their performance. Where appropriate suppliers should also be certified to the BRC/IoP Packaging Standard and this could form part of the criteria for selection.

If suppliers are not certified then they should at least be able to demonstrate that they have carried out a hazard analysis and have appropriate systems in place and ideally should be audited at regular intervals.

This also applies to subcontracted processes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Simon
Dear Simon,

Thanks for your urgent reply. It is quite a relief.

Thanks again

Dudu

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? ASDA manufacturing standard How to comply with the standard of not storing product directly on the floor? Latest version of Yum standard Australia Standard for Environment Swabs