What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ingredient Labelling

Started by , Aug 26 2008 05:04 AM
4 Replies
Hello Everyone

Could anybody be able to answer my query regarding Labelling???????

In brief, our company wants to shift to pre-printed packs, we manufacture sandwiches. The trouble with pre-printed pack though is that we have same product going on different kinds of bread for e.g. Chicken and bacon on white bread, chicken and bacon on brown bread, chicken and bacon on multigrain bread, chicken and bacon on Whole meal, etc.

My question is could it be possible to have all the breads listed on the ingredient decleration pack and a box to tick the kind of bread used in that particular product???? and doing this within regulations
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Non-food grade ingredient What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? How to control salt water brine as an ingredient? Product cooling (RTE) in an ingredient storage area
[Ad]
Hi Abinhay. I don't know for definite, but I am pretty sure that I have seen this kind of labelling on certain food products. Can anyone confirm or deny and know the law?
Hello Abhinay,

To me it depends on your country legislation - in France it would be considered as a confusing labeling because you only have to mention the content(s) of your wrapped product.

In case of multipacking, you are allowed to summarize every product in the multipack (4 different varieties fexample) but you are not allowed to describe other products of the same brand non included in the sold product.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Emmanuel
I have seen packaging in the U.S. that uses boxes to declare which item is actually in the container but this was only for food service and not for retail.
Id tend to agree with Penard....food labeling laws are very different around the world and need to be treated with kit gloves. Get it wrong and your looking at a product withdrawl or even worse a recall.

Similar Discussion Topics
Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Non-food grade ingredient What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? How to control salt water brine as an ingredient? Product cooling (RTE) in an ingredient storage area Transportation of a frozen ingredient Form of ingredient to include on labels Customer will not provide their ingredient recipe Water in Ingredient Listing Why are bugs that come in a received ingredient a spec issue and not a food safety issue?