What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Internal wall paint meeting HACCP requirments

Started by , May 01 2005 11:39 AM
2 Replies
I have been asked by a paint manufacturing company to specify what should be the requirments of a food plant wishing to paint the walls internally with a suitable paint (done during the production of the food products).
Points I have made:
Free of Heavy metals.
Non toxic solvents
Washable
are there any other points, and is it mentioned in any specific standard ?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit
[Ad]
what should be the requirments of a food plant wishing to paint the walls internally with a suitable paint (done during the production of the food products).

I think your question is a bit like which metal would you like your guillotine blade to be made from ! Once on the wall and dry the composition of the paint is hardly relevant as presumably the products will not be rubbing against it. It would be good practise and I suggest common sense to paint during a period when no production is taking place.

A low oudor paint that is washable when dry would be ideal but does not address the huge risks associated with painting around a running plant.
1 Like1 Thank
I would add durable, hardwearing, easily cleaned and dust free to your paint specification. I don't know of any specific Standard though - anyone else?

Moshe, if you cannot be sure of complete protection and zero risk to the product I would strongly recommend Martin's advice and stop production whilst the painting is carried out.

Regards,
Simon
1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Internal Audit Assesment FSSC Internal auditor competency Frequency of Internal Audits Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Quantifying internal audit tasks