What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Foreign body detection for sausage meat production

Started by , Oct 05 2008 10:03 PM
8 Replies
Hello all

I wouls like to know what king of foreign bodies detection equipment can be use in a meat sausage producer?

Any comments?

Sincerely
Esther
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Foreign Material SS Metal Foreign Matter Control Policy
[Ad]
you can use metal detector to detect metal in your product.. imex. the equipment can detect up to 1 mm for Ferrous and non ferrous and 1.5 mm for stainles stell...
Dear As Nur

Thank you for your kinf reply.

I am wondering if, besides the metal detector, another kind of foreign body detection is suitable?

On the other hand, where would you locate the matel detection equipment, in the filling area or in the packaging area?

Regards
Esther
for your info. we produce non dairy creamer in multilayer paper bag.. and we put Metal Detector in packaging line, after the produck package in Paper bag....
Dear Esther:

How about x-ray? You can refer to the topic discussed before that is related to x-ray.

For metal detector, you should consider installing at the location where there is no subsequent step/process/equipment that can eliminate the Metal fragments. However, you can install more that one units if there is no financial constraints.

Regards,
Yong

Dear Esther:

How about x-ray? You can refer to the topic discussed before that is related to x-ray.

For metal detector, you should consider installing at the location where there is no subsequent step/process/equipment that can eliminate the Metal fragments. However, you can install more that one units if there is no financial constraints.

Regards,
Yong

I totally agree.. even though i dont work in the meat industry . If your pockets can take it then have a metal detector just where you have blades and one at the end of line. But you might need different sensitivity settings for each machine - consult your supplier for help.

x rays might help also since you are dealing potentially with bone.

Thanks

Vu
Dear Esther,

HACCP plan for cooked sausage here -

http://www.inspectio.../ckdsause.shtml

Rgds / Charles.C
We manufacture raw and cooked sausage, metal detection at the end of the packing lines, very little else you can do unless money is no object then go down the x-ray route.
Hello All,

I was wondering if a consumer took out legal action against a manufacturer because purchased food contained a foriegn body, would the company be prosecuted under food safety legislation?!?

Most food safety legislations come out clearly about Micro Hazards and little less about Chemical Hazards but seems ambigous to me about Physical Hazards.

Looking forward to comments.

THEO

Similar Discussion Topics
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Foreign Material SS Metal Foreign Matter Control Policy Foreign body contamination risk assessment plan in shrimp processing? BRC v7 4.10.1.1 Foreign body detection and removal equipment Determine of critical limits Foreign Material -> SS 5.0 mm in sachet products? Foreign Material Control Program for Wholesaling and Distribution Organic Cane Sugar - Foreign Material HELP