What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quantity Control

Started by , Jul 15 2005 03:48 PM
4 Replies
Dear all,

Refer to IFS 5.3 "The frequency and methodology of quantity checking shall meet the minimum requirements of legislation governing quantity verification"

Can anybody recommend me the quantity control legislation especially EU Directive? I try search in europa database but I cannot.

NY
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity Net quantity of soup Quantity Check/Mass Balance Retention samples: how to determine quantity? Quantity Checking - 6.3.1 of BRC
[Ad]

Dear all,

Refer to IFS 5.3 "The frequency and methodology of quantity checking shall meet the minimum requirements of legislation governing quantity verification"

Can anybody recommend me the quantity control legislation especially EU Directive? I try search in europa database but I cannot.

NY

NY first up I'm no expert in this area and I don't whether there is any applicable EU Legislation, although I'm sure there must be.

I found the following Work In Progress Legislation on the UK Department of Trade & Industry website that may be of interest:

Consultation on draft regulations to replace Part V of the Weights and Measures Act 1985 and the Weights and Measures (Packaged Goods) Regulations 1986. These draft regulations set out a complete regime for the average system of quantity control applied to packaged goods. The aim is to simplify the legislation and rationalise its scope as well as removing unnecessary burdens from packers and importers of packaged goods.

I would definitely check out page 20 onwards of Annex 7 - Draft Statutory Instruments (32 pages) as it seems relevant. Also you may find Annex 8 - Draft Guidance (15 pages) useful.

Consultation on draft regulations to replace Part V of the Weights and Measures Act 1985 and the Weights and Measures (Packaged Goods) Regulations 1986.

Regards,
Simon
Simon,

Thank you so much. It is valuable for me.

NY

Hi Narongchai,

try these links

OIML - prepackages

OIML - publications

and an overview of future scenario

Metrological requirements of prepackages.

Regards. Franco
From EU the updated version of Metrological requirements of prepackages

Follow up to public consultation

Similar Discussion Topics
Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity Net quantity of soup Quantity Check/Mass Balance Retention samples: how to determine quantity? Quantity Checking - 6.3.1 of BRC Is there a maximum legal quantity allowed for overweight product? Quantity - Weight Control Corrective Action in BRC Content and Quantity Control 3.9.2 - Quantity Check / Mass Balance BRC - quantity verification