What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Anybody find automatic login not work ?

Started by , Jun 18 2009 08:51 AM
1 Reply
Dear All,

I have a request as per the topic heading –

(1) The option of automatic log-in has never worked for me (using XP / SP2 / IE or FF) . I hv tried all the permutations I can think of (removing cookies, clearing folders ….) but no go.

(2) I frequently find that the default “today” list of posts is annoyingly short and I am far too lazy to call up the “other” options (these cannot be set as defaults AFAIK). This is further aggravated if a lot of Newsgirl posts are in the middle BUT I’m not complaining about inclusion of Newsgirl since I won’t otherwise see her / them. Obviously if (1) occurs, cannot quickly request “new posts” but this in any case is not my preferred default in case of my missing posts. (I also appreciate the see/not see Newsgirl issue has been discusssed before.)

(3) I would like an option to set, say, the last 20 – 30 posts as a default (inc Newsgirl) but am sure this not possible since has never been discussed here I think and I hv never seen on any forums I visit. If this were only available to members, might even be a useful incentive, though probably not.

So, 2 questions –

(a) anybody same No.1 problem as me and subsequently found a solution ? eg different browser.
(b) Anyone share my No.3 (or not, if you wish to contribute) even though I expect there is in fact no choice.

I am hoping that someone will point out a suitable alternative regarding defaults for 2-3 which I hv stupidly missed or have an answer to No.1, unless I am the only receiver of this latter problem in which case I am simply stuck.

Thanks for anything.

Rgds / Charles.C
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Requirements for Work In Process WIP Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? Trying to find a food safe knife for opening bags
[Ad]
Login works ok for me Charles. I have extended the topic list in each forum from 25 to 50, but I cannot see a way to do the same for Today's Active Topics. The reason newsgirl is showing is because I let her loose again and made the food safety news forum posts visible in active topics, the reasons are two-fold 1. I trimmed the news feeds providers so there is a lot less news and then 2. so members could see it more easily and then maybe comment.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Requirements for Work In Process WIP Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? Trying to find a food safe knife for opening bags Where do I find the Practical Internal auditor Training for Food Operations Previous recording that I just purchased? Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning Anyone else work in a Chocolate Factory? How to share certification work and costs with external company? Where to find resources for detailed Food Fraud vulnerability assessment