What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New factory - fried plantain chip exporting facility

Started by , Aug 17 2009 02:21 PM
3 Replies
Hello to all,

I am considering opening a fried plantain chip exporting facility. For this I would like your advise on which food safety standards and guidelines are the most applicable for this line of products.

Regards
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Allergen Specific factory wear Fumes in the Production Facility Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility?
[Ad]
Hi there Okcomp

Welcome to the IFSQN forum.

Where are you thinking of exporting to?

Regards,

Tony
Mainly USA, Canada, EU

Hello to all,

I am considering opening a fried plantain chip exporting facility. For this I would like your advise on which food safety standards and guidelines are the most applicable for this line of products.

Regards

You would have to make sure your products comply with national laws and you would also need to implement a food safety management system; one that is GFSI approved, probably your best bet would be FSSC 22000 (ISO 22000 with PAS 220). Although once you have a system in place and operating effectively it should be able to be certifed against any of the recognised food safety standards such as BRC, IFS, SQF etc.

By the way what are plantain chips?

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Allergen Specific factory wear Fumes in the Production Facility Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Chef-style clothing or factory-style? BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Water testing at new facility