What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Inputs for Management Review

Started by , Aug 20 2009 04:13 AM
13 Replies
Dear all!

I am drafting a document that guides me what documents/records I need to get the inputs for subsequent management reviews. I request all members of IFSQN to share their knowledge and experiences in this connection.

Regards:
doc_records_refs.doc   35KB   410 downloads
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Appendix 1A item 5 – Management of inputs Inputs critical for confirmation of product safety My Unique product's CCP (cooking) - need inputs please SIPOC - Suppliers, Inputs, Process, Outputs, Customers
[Ad]
Check out this discussion: http://www.ifsqn.com...t...review&st=0

Remember to share good fortune with your friends, Okido
Dear Zeeshan

IMO “Changing circumstances that can affect food safety or FSMS” (Point # 8 of the attachment) is with respect to:

• Emergence of new pathogens / diseases
  • Technological advancements
  • Changes in statutory and regulatory requirements of both exporting and importing countries
Regards
Venkat

Dear Zeeshan

IMO “Changing circumstances that can affect food safety or FSMS” (Point # 8 of the attachment) is with respect to:

• Emergence of new pathogens / diseases
  • Technological advancements
  • Changes in statutory and regulatory requirements of both exporting and importing countries
Regards
Venkat

Excellent Venkat.

One thing I noticed, should there be any mention of resource review e.g. additional resources (equipment, people, training, external technical assistance) that may be required or need to be planned in to maintain an effective FSMS?

Regards,
Simon
And Management Changes

Regards

Tony
Thank you Okido, V.R.Reddy, Simon and Tony-C for your help and feedback.
Dear Simon,

One thing I noticed, should there be any mention of resource review e.g. additional resources (equipment, people, training, external technical assistance) that may be required or need to be planned in to maintain an effective FSMS?

Of course it should be, IMO. This would be one of the important issues to be discussed.

Dear Tony,

And Management Changes

Would you please explain it

Regards:

Thank you Okido, V.R.Reddy, Simon and Tony-C for your help and feedback.
Dear Simon,

Of course it should be, IMO. This would be one of the important issues to be discussed.

Dear Tony,

Would you please explain it

Regards:

Changes in management structure, authority, responsbility or personnel.

Regards,

Tony

Excellent Venkat.

Regards,
Simon

Dear Simon,

In my organization (multi-locational manufacturing units with central corporate office) we have two levels of Management Review Meetings (Corporate / Facility)

We have included “Determination & Provision of Resources with regard to Quality, Food Safety, Environment and Health & Safety" as one of the agenda points of Corporate MRMs.

Additional resources are provided, resulting from corporate MRMs, to initiate preventive actions or continually improve IMS (Integrated Management Systems).

Regards
Venkat

Dear Simon,

In my organization (multi-locational manufacturing units with central corporate office) we have two levels of Management Review Meetings (Corporate / Facility)

We have included “Determination & Provision of Resources with regard to Quality, Food Safety, Environment and Health & Safety" as one of the agenda points of Corporate MRMs.

Additional resources are provided, resulting from corporate MRMs, to initiate preventive actions or continually improve IMS (Integrated Management Systems).

Regards
Venkat

Great I was right.

Excellent Venkat.

Regards,
Simon

I have been involved with a few organisations where regular resource review was particularly common in its own entity. Unfortunately it was almost always how to reduce resources.

Regards,

Tony
Because we have wheat as our raw material, I think crop reports would be important. If there was rain during the harvest, there would probably be a probability of having to deal with micotoxins. If there is a shortage of wheat worldwide, we could import from countries that we usually don´t buy from and that wheat could have special issues we´d have to deal with, such as different protein levels or enzimatic activity.
Natural catastrophes would also have to be taken into account, as they could affect both your distribution and your source of raw materials. For instance, after Hurricane Katrina, there wasn´t much wheat shipping out of the Gulf Region, in the US.

A slight aside; how many people here have found the management review to be effective? IME unfortunately it seems to be a meeting most people (apart from Technical) don't want to go to, no preparation is done apart from Technical and then you're lucky if the people who say they're coming bother to tell you they're not (the times I've been sat waiting for people...) I would love to know how people have turned round this attitude if they've encountered it. Although I often suggest doing things like explaining the cost of non quality etc this doesn't genuinely light the fire under some production people and there are a hard core who see Technical as an unnecessary expense they would happily get rid of given the chance. So how do you bring them round?

I have arranged meetings at better times to suit production (e.g. at 6:30am when the shift have started), I've tried the gentle persuation route but in the end I normally resort to nagging into compliance knowing full well that the management commitment part of our BRC will be "demonstrated" more as a paper exercise.

So does anyone genuinely feel they have had management commitment where they work? I have probably once and I can't say I did much to make it happen, the production director was already bought in. Otherwise I just feel like I might be making tiny steps in the right direction but when the s*** hits the fan, it's money that counts and nothing else.
(Sorry, just feeling very grumpy today and negative about senior production managers.)
dear GMO,

No need to apologise. As you intimated, the only time people remember the phrase QA is when something's gone wrong and a root cause is neccessary.

I have a suspicion that you may not be doing that badly. I suspect that many Companies simply "act creative" as far as this topic is concerned, especially for the reasons you mention. Whether this ultimately separates the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, who knows ??

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Appendix 1A item 5 – Management of inputs Inputs critical for confirmation of product safety My Unique product's CCP (cooking) - need inputs please SIPOC - Suppliers, Inputs, Process, Outputs, Customers