What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC certification for rice processing

Started by , Nov 07 2009 10:47 AM
5 Replies
My organization is intending to establish a rice processing facility. My objective is to get it BRC certified with grade A.

Need help to undertstand the requirements related to facility layout, infrastructure, premises, equipement and hygienic operation to comply fully to the requirements of BRC global standard for food.

Regards

Jahanzeb Khan
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification
[Ad]
Dear Jahanzeb,

Perhaps you hv done it already (?) but 1st requirement is to obtain the standard.

Secondly you will observe from the standard that, very approx., BRC = HACCP + QMS (Quality management System)(ISO type) particularly as applied to yr process.

Do you have expertise (especially certified) for the last 2 mentioned? If yes, IMEX, 70-80% of the standard is fairly self-explanatory (inc. the items you mention) and you will probably hv it (textually) already. The rest may require some thought. If no to both, I suggest a consultant unless you hv no time constraints.

If you know all the above already, you will probably hv to be more specific in yr request.

Rgds / Charles.C
Dear Mr. Jahanzeb Khan

Can u please share where your processing unit is located ?

Although we are Gujarat based consultant & specialization in BRC , IFS, AIB , ISO 22000, HACCP particularly, we had developed a mechanism for online support for complete documentation, training , implementation monitoring based on a 2 mandays onsite visit to assess the actual scenario.

Also we have an expertise in guiding the organization to meet the basic PRP / Infrastructure requirements for BRC specific requirements.,
Dear all

Thanx for extending the support.

Charles.....I have the BRC standard and have completed the lead auditor course. The standard is very limited in terms of identifying the requirements for the facility layout and infrastructure. I have taken few requirements from America Meat Institute's principles of sanitary design but these seem to be too stringent for a rice processing facility.
I have seen the organization getting major non compliances in BRC audits because of infrastructure not suitable to maintain adequately the requirements.
Therefore seeking for something workable for the rice facility.

Dear consultants........my facility is located in Pakistan near Lahore city.

Thnx again.
Dear Jahanzeb,

I would recommend you to look at our food safety consultants directory to seek for possible partners to help you, rather than relying on hawks swooping in and offering their services - on their first post.

Take a look here: Consultants Directory

Regards,
Simon

Dear all

Thanx for extending the support.

Charles.....I have the BRC standard and have completed the lead auditor course. The standard is very limited in terms of identifying the requirements for the facility layout and infrastructure. I have taken few requirements from America Meat Institute's principles of sanitary design but these seem to be too stringent for a rice processing facility.
I have seen the organization getting major non compliances in BRC audits because of infrastructure not suitable to maintain adequately the requirements.
Therefore seeking for something workable for the rice facility.

Dear consultants........my facility is located in Pakistan near Lahore city.

Thnx again.

hi jahanzeb its tariq assistant manager production in a confectionary i hope till date u r certified wid brc ...can u kindly share the standard wid me ..and share your experience regarding it ..thnx .

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Retail Certification? Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room?