What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Internal Pest Control Activities

Started by , Jan 05 2010 01:04 PM
5 Replies
Does anyone have internal pest control programes? Mind to share with me?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit
[Ad]

Carine

You need to ensure that if you do it internally that you are still BPCA accredited. Most standards will ask for this. (as appropriately trained)

You need to carry out the dreaded risk assessment. Depending on the type of manufacture you have, and the pests that are likely to be a problem, you should build your pest control programme around that. Then you have to think of the unexpected. If you get an infestation, how will you deal with them? this would need to be documented.

You'd be far better off taking the pain out of it all and employing a pest control contractor

Cazx

Carine

You need to ensure that if you do it internally that you are still BPCA accredited. Most standards will ask for this. (as appropriately trained).

I don't think Carine is based in the UK Caz, so BPCA does not apply. That said appropriate certification, training and competence to meet own countries standards, laws, industry and customer requirements is the level required. This competence is not usually available in house so therefore as you say you may as well outsource to a qualified contractor.

Regards,
Simon
Dear Carine,

I agree with Caz/Simon's comments. Clearly the exact details will depend on any related target standard.

One attachment of some of the basic requirements is in post #6 of this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...showtopic=10905

And i think there is a link to a US website with free dwlable detailed procedures somewhere on this forum.

Rgds / Charles.C

In some country, you need to be first a licensed Pesticide aplicator before you can be allowed to have in house pest control program. But as other said its a headache doing it in house. You need to consider a lot of things specially keeping pest control chemicals and their disposal.

In some country, you need to be first a licensed Pesticide aplicator before you can be allowed to have in house pest control program. But as other said its a headache doing it in house. You need to consider a lot of things specially keeping pest control chemicals and their disposal.

Good points Eya. I think for most organizations it's easiest and most cost-effective to use a competent, professional pest control contractor.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Internal Audit Assesment FSSC Internal auditor competency Frequency of Internal Audits Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Quantifying internal audit tasks