What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Help Responding to a Non Compliance

Started by , Feb 05 2010 05:08 PM
2 Replies
Hey i received an NR and am not really trained to respond to it but am the only one available at the moment to do so. So could you guys help me.

this is the description of the NR

"Inspection observed the establishment re-packing of processed beef tripe without changing the plastic liners from the previous producer/packer of that product. The process was rejected and tagged using tag #0000 and management was notified of the non-compliance and their failure to meet part 416.1, 416.4(a), and 416.4(d) of the meat and poultry regulations"

Help with responding to this. I know this compliance is kinda vague but i want no trouble with the inspector so a simple respond will do. Please help
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance ISO 8573-1 Compliance-Point of Use SQF 2.5.1.1 Non-compliance
[Ad]

Hey i received an NR and am not really trained to respond to it but am the only one available at the moment to do so. So could you guys help me.

this is the description of the NR

"Inspection observed the establishment re-packing of processed beef tripe without changing the plastic liners from the previous producer/packer of that product. The process was rejected and tagged using tag #0000 and management was notified of the non-compliance and their failure to meet part 416.1, 416.4(a), and 416.4(d) of the meat and poultry regulations"

Help with responding to this. I know this compliance is kinda vague but i want no trouble with the inspector so a simple respond will do. Please help

For those unfamiliar with these regulations, here are the appropriate sections.

DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Food Safety and Inspection Service
9 CFR Parts 303, 304, 307, 308, 312, 314, 327, 331, 350, 381, and 416
[Docket No. 96-037F]

Sanitation Requirements for Official Meat and Poultry Establishments

AGENCY: Food Safety and Inspection Service, USDA.

ACTION: Final rule.

Sec. 416.1 General rules.

Each official establishment must be operated and maintained in a manner sufficient to prevent the creation of insanitary conditions and to ensure that product is not adulterated.

Sec. 416.4 Sanitary operations.

(a) All food-contact surfaces, including food-contact surfaces of utensils and equipment, must be cleaned and sanitized as frequently as necessary to prevent the creation of insanitary conditions and the adulteration of product.

(d) Product must be protected from adulteration during processing, handling, storage, loading, and unloading at and during transportation from official establishments.
Can you email me directly? This forum may not be the best place for this. I have answered many NRs. Can you email me directly?
foodsafety1@yahoo.com

- Cathy

Similar Discussion Topics
FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance ISO 8573-1 Compliance-Point of Use SQF 2.5.1.1 Non-compliance Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Compliance of Cleaning Chemicals Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product