What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do we swab test hands or gloves of production workers?

Started by , Apr 23 2010 08:14 AM
6 Replies
do somebody carried out swab test on workers especially their hand? If the workers wear hand gloves during working, from where we should take samples from? Is form hand gloves or hand without gloves? please advice!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Gloves Versus Handwashing Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food?
[Ad]
Depends on the requirement and how often the worker changing his gloves and the condition of the floves are the key factors to be checked for taking swabs.....If the employee is using sanitisers like Livermed frequently on gloves there wont be any use of taking swabs from gloves.if they are touching there shoe lays and all that with gloves u hv to take swab from glove too.

dear Carine,

personal swabs are very important to be carried out randomly for the staff in order to asess their hand washing practices. depending upon the work situation if the worker is handling with ready to eat food stuff he must cover his hands with gloves (as per FDA). and gloves spread the contamination the same way the hands do. in this case it is important to take swabs from the gloves to see if staff are not working with contaminated gloves and are changing frequently or whenever contaminated.
you can also do an experiment for an employee hand swabs before and after hand washing, this will help you in training your staff for appropriate hand washing by discussing the results with them.
if gloves are used then sample should be taken from the gloves being the food contact surface.

regards.

do somebody carried out swab test on workers especially their hand? If the workers wear hand gloves during working, from where we should take samples from? Is form hand gloves or hand without gloves? please advice!

Hi Carine

First you take swab both Gloves as well as Hand

The reason is when they change the gloves that time if hands are unclean the contamination chances is more .....

i tell you one incident .....which happen in my ex company......one worker came from toilet.....he not washed is hands properly because manager was yelling on him......he took the gloves wear it start his work..... fortunately that time i was on plant inspection... i already seen him ....how he hand washed... so i took swab from both i found more count on hands than gloves......

some time i saw people touch their hands to nose...& other parts also & then without hand washing they wear the gloves start the work..

workers mentality is he was wearing gloves & if hands unclean what is the problem because he thinks his naked hand not touching to the product

these mentality seen when i train the people

thanks

That's a very good point Sudarshan.

I painted the fence at home yesterday and put on my overalls to keep myself clean, we often use overalls to protect ourselves and it’s psychological programming that makes employees think that the gloves or overalls are worn to protect him or her from getting messy or dirty. In fact they are to protect the product from the person and as such those hygiene barriers must be clean and intact.

Regards,
Simon
Hi

I came across this topic, if we take swabs from a glove worn by an operator

the test will from inside or outside?

will you test for TVC, ENTROes and Staphylo?

Please help.

Bibi

Hi

I came across this topic, if we take swabs from a glove worn by an operator

the test will from inside or outside?

will you test for TVC, ENTROes and Staphylo?

Please help.

Bibi

Hi bibi,

Is there any potential (direct/indirect) food contact hazard from the inside of the glove ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Gloves Versus Handwashing Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Fumes in the Production Facility Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves