What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Culture media for E. coli

Started by , May 18 2010 04:03 PM
3 Replies
I'm thinking of making culture slants for E.coli positive controls so I have a reproducing supply instead of wasting culti-loops all the time. What media/agars have you found that works best for you? Or do you keep your positive controls in a broth?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Food safety culture Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Food safety culture plan
[Ad]
Dear Gao Yu Qing,

You actually use positive controls ? I'm impressed

I just follow BAM, ICMCF or variants of.

Rgds / Charles.C
Hi.

I use Pro-cult discs and maintain them in nutrient broth, NA slopes and TBX agar for up to a month.

I use a fresh disc at the beginning of each month as our accreditation body won't let us (for obvious reasons) go more than one passage from NCTC or equivalent.

Pops
For the curious, decided on NA as media of choice. Our method is to use a culti-loop to inoculate 3 slants. vial A is used the first week, vial B the second, and Vial C is used to inoculate the next 2 weeks of slants. We'll do this for 5 generations then start over.
I need to actually get ahold of a copy of the BAM and/or ICMCF. Think I'm going to hunt for online versions soon as I post this.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Food safety culture Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Food safety culture plan Inquiry about food safety culture elements Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Food Safety Culture Is it possible to pass a GFSI audit with a poor food safety culture? Food safety and quality culture plan