What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Release Procedure - Dairy Industry

Started by , Jun 02 2010 07:37 AM
5 Replies
Hello,

I work in dairy industry and I did procedure for release product but all the time have discussion with me colleagues about this.

And I have a lot of questions, please help me:

1. What are microbiological limit for release dairy product (I know the EU 2073/2005 with all the amending but there are only the hygiene and safety criteria, not for release products)?

2. When came the product not safety for costumer, I am interesting for number of coliforms, haw many coliforms can have and product to be safety?

Thk,

maricmargot
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.7 Product Release X-ray reject investigation and product release Procedure to release re-processed materials after failing it's CCP Can I release material that has exceeded a CCP limit (8.9.4.2 and 8.9.4.3)? Product Release Policy
[Ad]

Hello,

I work in dairy industry and I did procedure for release product but all the time have discussion with me colleagues about this.

1. What are microbiological limit for release dairy product (I know the EU 2073/2005 with all the amending but there are only the hygiene and safety criteria, not for release products)?

2. When came the product not safety for costumer, I am interesting for number of coliforms, haw many coliforms can have and product to be safety?

Thk,

maricmargot

dear maricmargot..

I have this file.. may be can help you

Attached Files

Does this help you maricmargot? Any other comments?

Hello,

Thk,

maricmargot

Hi

The micro limits for product release and evaluating product safety is something that you need to decide upon, using the information that you have gathered from your validation work, HACCP risk assessments and refering to such standards such as product codes of practice and micro regulations for your country. These levels form part of your product specification.

There are a number of codes of practice in the document exchange section. the Micro Regs for the UK is easily found by searching on google.

As an aside, what dairy products are you producing? Are you not using Entro testing rather than coliforms?

caz

Hello,

Thk,
maricmargot

Hi Maricmargot

This will depend on the product. Please let us know which products you are producing and I am sure someone on the forum will be able to help.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi

The micro limits for product release and evaluating product safety is something that you need to decide upon, using the information that you have gathered from your validation work, HACCP risk assessments and refering to such standards such as product codes of practice and micro regulations for your country. These levels form part of your product specification.

There are a number of codes of practice in the document exchange section. the Micro Regs for the UK is easily found by searching on google.

As an aside, what dairy products are you producing? Are you not using Entro testing rather than coliforms?

caz

Hi,

Tks for you answer and I will look for codes of practice is the same with codex alimentarius or is other?

We produce the fresh product like: milk, yogurt, cream

For product we do the analysis for entro but I want to know haw many coliforms affect health of the people?

BR,

maricmargot

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.7 Product Release X-ray reject investigation and product release Procedure to release re-processed materials after failing it's CCP Can I release material that has exceeded a CCP limit (8.9.4.2 and 8.9.4.3)? Product Release Policy Given NC in audit for not having product release procedure Hold and release procedures for product testing Product Release Procedure or Checklist Template SQF Product Release for Winery GFSI requirements for Positive Release and Environmental Monitoring