What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hello to everyone. Italy now… USA? Maybe!

Started by , Jul 02 2010 12:27 PM
3 Replies
Hi everybody.

I’m new to this form and I’d like to introduce myself.

I’m a food technologist and I’m very familiar with ISO22000, IFS, HACCP standards.

I live in Italy, but I will get soon my green card and I plan to move to the US.

Hope that this forum will help me to gather information on food production standards widely accepted in the US market. Any suggestion on where to start?

Regards.

Roberto
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Technologist from Italy Hello from Italy Hello form Italy Greetings from Italy Hi from Italy
[Ad]
Dear RobertoD,

Welcome to the forum !

Hope that this forum will help me to gather information on food production standards widely accepted in the US market. Any suggestion on where to start?

It probably depends on the type of food, whether you are including imported goods and perhaps safety / non-safety aspects. Every food category has it's own specific detailed literature.

If you mean (internal) regulatory standards such as relating to product identities and grades, one jumbo general reference is here -

http://www.fda.gov/R...Act/default.htm

(link from http://en.wikipedia....ion#cite_note-6 )

Another specific (I think) American feature which is mentioned occasionally on this forum is the distinction between Federal and Local Laws which can be complex.

A third encyclopaedic reference on all types of regulatory food aspects appears to be the US "Food Code"

No doubt there are many, many, more

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi everybody.
I’m new to this form and I’d like to introduce myself.
I’m a food technologist and I’m very familiar with ISO22000, IFS, HACCP standards.
I live in Italy, but I will get soon my green card and I plan to move to the US.

Regards.
Roberto

Hi Roberto,

With regards to food manufacturing standards SQF, ISO 22000 & BRC seem to be the most popular standards at the moment.

Regards,

Tony
I agree with Charles and Tony. If you have good knowledge of the major FSMS systems you should do well as they are just begining to take off in the USA.

Keep in touch Roberto and welcoem to the forum.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Technologist from Italy Hello from Italy Hello form Italy Greetings from Italy Hi from Italy Italy's new dictatorship Italy vs. Japan boat race