What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for some advice and guidance on BRC/IOP Category 3

Started by , Jul 27 2010 03:56 PM
2 Replies
Right guys, I have been handed the responsibility to gain BRC/IOP for this company. We are a label manufacturer in south wales. I am new to this so looking for some advice and guidance. We have ISO 9001 in place and supply labels to both the food and cosmetic industry. I think we have most systems in place for a cat 3 accred but what will the Auditors be looking closest at.

Any help will be gratefully recieved.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant
[Ad]
Welcome to the website label man. As you have determined you are category 3 I take it you have a copy of the BRC/IOP standard? Have you read it? The auditor will audit every single clause of the requirements at every single audit, so they will be looking at everything, which is quite different to an ISO 9001 audit.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Hi labelman

I think you might find that you will need Cat 2 certification. If your label products are for the food industry they will most likely be used in the same area or packaging line as the 'food' product whither or not it's in impermeable packaging. In this case your accreditation body might decide that you should be Cat 2.

Maybe take some advice from your certification body. Best of luck with the system

Cheers,

Similar Discussion Topics
Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Having trouble figuring out what product category this falls into Category selection for minerals and feed supplements in FSSC V5.1? Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training