What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How's business?

Started by , Aug 25 2010 02:06 PM
2 Replies
I waver from one day believing that the whole world is collapsing to being quite optimistic. I guess most of us are from the food industry, so it would be interesting to gauge how we are doing during this worldwide recession. Please vote in the poll and comment as you see fit.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another California Food Business Registration HACCP Plan for Small Packaged Food Distribution Business in Canada FSMS for one business entity with multiple locations
[Ad]
I read more in the press about how my company is doing rather than being told!

Seriously I'd be naive if I didn't think we were a takeover opportunity for someone but I don't see my industry going abroad which is probably the biggest risk in food (particularly ambient) and certainly happened when I was in confectionery.

I read more in the press about how my company is doing rather than being told!

Seriously I'd be naive if I didn't think we were a takeover opportunity for someone but I don't see my industry going abroad which is probably the biggest risk in food (particularly ambient) and certainly happened when I was in confectionery.

Their is a risk with going abroad, especially with fast moving foods. The UK food industry demands short runs, quick turnover, high quality, technical support and more (cheap prices). That gives UK companies who can deliver this some strength against cheaper overseas suppliers.

In times like these though everyone is looking at the scales very carefully.

Similar Discussion Topics
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another California Food Business Registration HACCP Plan for Small Packaged Food Distribution Business in Canada FSMS for one business entity with multiple locations Left Construction to Join the Family Business Using a one-off rented kitchen as business premises Requirements for setting up a Pickled Vegetables Home Business How well did your business react to the Covid-19 pandemic? Business Continuity Plan for a meat abattoir and cutting plant