What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Starting out - becoming a 3rd party auditor in the UK

Started by , Oct 27 2010 08:24 AM
2 Replies
I am considering becoming a 3rd party auditor in the UK. My problem is that I have no formal qualification that potential employers would regard, except a lifetime of practical processing experience in Oz of running Q.A programs in the poultry caper, both live processing, further processing and retail . So, what I would like to do is gain qualification, my problem being how???

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Currently based in Swansea and am happy to self fund.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Starting a Foreign Material Exclusion plan Need Advice and Guidance on Starting GFSI Certification Starting SQF implementation - Question about guidance material What do companies that are small and just starting SQF do for internal audits? What extra factors should be considered in the food safety plan when starting to produce RTE Products?
[Ad]
Welcome to the forums Julian. The first important question is to which standard do you wish to become a third party auditor e.g. ISO standards, BRC standards. As the route is very different.

Regards,
Simon

Welcome to the forums Julian. The first important question is to which standard do you wish to become a third party auditor e.g. ISO standards, BRC standards. As the route is very different.

Regards,
Simon

Good question, whichever covers the meat/poultry sector the most. One of the joys of shifting countries is trying to get a handle on how things work.
The plans that I have been operating against are loosely based on ISO 9001. In Melbourne the whole "Protein" industry is governed by "Primesafe" , so it is one set of rules to follow, one interpretation.
I am finding that it is not quite the same here.

To properly answer the question, I would like to go down the ISO route initially then add strings to the bow as I go along.

Similar Discussion Topics
Starting a Foreign Material Exclusion plan Need Advice and Guidance on Starting GFSI Certification Starting SQF implementation - Question about guidance material What do companies that are small and just starting SQF do for internal audits? What extra factors should be considered in the food safety plan when starting to produce RTE Products? How long do you allow production equipment to sit before starting back up or deciding to fully clean? Guidance on starting an in-house laboratory Help - I'm starting a new food manufacturing plant in the uk How to sanitize food plant with eco-friendly chemicals before starting up the Tetra Pak juice production? Anyone with experience starting procedures for initial IFS Food audit