What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Temperature favorable for Coliform growth

Started by , Nov 26 2010 02:01 PM
2 Replies
Hello friends,

Please help me on establishing acceptable temperature of Ice cream mixes which can hinder the growth of coliform.

Thanks,

kiss_lee
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce?
[Ad]

Hello friends,

Please help me on establishing acceptable temperature of Ice cream mixes which can hinder the growth of coliform.

Thanks,

kiss_lee

Hi- the temp range for growth is something like 7.8 degrees to 48 degrees celsius -I believe optimum growth is at around 40 degrees

Regards

Mike
Anything in particular you're concerned about? The coliform group contains bacteria including E. coli O157:H7 so if you have coliforms in significant numbers, you perhaps should not just be concerned with inhibiting growth but perhaps stopping contamination or killing them before you get to the product being frozen? Perhaps your pasteurisation process is ineffective or there's a dead leg in some pipework?

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Monitoring the temperature of a canteen fridge Looking for New Temperature Data Loggers Product not reaching the cooling temperature as per the FDA guidance Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room