What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Making roles and responsibility for the food safety

Started by , Nov 29 2010 08:40 AM
2 Replies
Hello firends.

Shall we maintain a list for the department responsibility for the food safety or per role of individual person or shall it be both. Can you share an example of your system.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the rationale behind making sure items are not on top of lockers? Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Traceability procedure in chocolate and candy making Does all lactose get removed when making yogurt? Making HACCP in fish factory
[Ad]
If you include a collection of job roles in your quality manual (or an alternative method of document control), this will help you categorise staff and should give you enough detail to manage responsibilities for all members of staff. I . As a rule of thumb all staff should have basic food hygiene training, supervisors and managers should have a greater understanding of food hygiene and senior management should have more advanced knowledge, http://www.cieh.org/...ood_safety.html this website gives you a good idea of training levels. The job roles can link into training records which highlight specific training. Ensure that anybody at a supervisory level has HACCP training to manage your CCP's!
1 Thank
For me objectives and targets clarify what’s important and what needs to be achieved therefore they are similar to roles and responsibilities (what must be done by the department and individual). So I like to see both documented.

With this clarity you can map the objectives through the company hierarchy from strategic aims laid out in the food safety policy right through to what an operator does on the production line. Without this clarity it can go a bit fuzzy and the cascading effect is weakened. In quality management this is called Hoshin Kanri or Hoshin Planning.

Anyway I’ll stop myself waffling with an example:

Maintenance Department Responsibilities

· Implement effective preventive maintenance system
· Provide safe and clean machinery & equipment for production
· Minimise breakdowns
· Develop SOP’s for key activities
· Provide a proactive and rapid response to problems
· Undertake regular department performance review and improvement meetings
· Maintain a skills matrix and ongoing training program
· Undertake personnel reviews

Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities

· Work safely
· Undertake training provided by the company
· Take part in performance review and improvement meetings
· Follow SOP’s at all times
· Leave machinery safe and clean following maintenance
· I can’t think of any more right now
· You get the picture
· If done in all departments and for all roles
· It will be clear and hopefully effective
·
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the rationale behind making sure items are not on top of lockers? Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Traceability procedure in chocolate and candy making Does all lactose get removed when making yogurt? Making HACCP in fish factory Measuring pH of cheese curds when making cheese IFS Food Version 8 in the making... Making a nutrient claim with a different serving size than listed in nutrition table Recommendations for HACCP decision making What do I need from a copacker making a finished drink for us?