What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to prove provision of resources for ISO 22000 FSMS

Started by , Dec 06 2010 03:33 PM
4 Replies
More help please.

It is mandatory for top management shall identify needs and allocation of suitable and adequate resources for the establishment, implementation, maintenance and updating of the FSMS.

How can this be proved in a logical manner to auditor?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 22000 : 2018 Template ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 How to purchase the FSSC 22000 V6 Certification package?
[Ad]

More help please.

It is mandatory for top management shall identify needs and allocation of suitable and adequate resources for the establishment, implementation, maintenance and updating of the FSMS.

How can this be proved in a logical manner to auditor?

This is mostly intangible evidence. The fact that you have a functioning system in place and are continually monitoring and updating should be evident in the audit.

Tangible evidence could be a budget for system monitoring, training and auditing.
1 Thank
I agree with TSmith, The auditor should be able to gather the evidence throughout the audit. Organisation structure, roles and responsibilities, training, building, infrastructure, machinery, equipment, systems such as pest control and cleaning, workwear etc. Evidence is everywhere and it is the combination of many that leads to a functioning and effective FSMS or perhaps not.

One thing I have always done is maintain a simple spreadsheet for costs and spend for all systems such as health & safety, quality, food safety. This way I can monitor spending on each area, make plans and prioritisations to ensure the balance is correct and the important things get done... In most businesses there is not an infinite pot of money, so it needs to be spent wisely. This information also serves as valuable input into management review to aid discussion and complete the loop on any changes required to resource allocation and budgeting for the next period.

Hope this helps,

Simon

2 Thanks
Agree with previous 2 posts from tsmith & Simon.

Also resource covers:
6.2 Human resources 6.2.1 The food safety team and the other personnel carrying out activities having an impact on food safety shall be competent and shall have appropriate education, training, skills and experience.
6.2.2 Competence, awareness and training

So you also have evidence if you have a Food Safety Team and training/skills records.

Regards,

Tony

2 Thanks
You make resources clear to me.

You help me a lot.

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 22000 : 2018 Template ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 How to purchase the FSSC 22000 V6 Certification package? ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme