What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

EU legislation on packaging

Started by , Dec 09 2010 01:20 PM
4 Replies
Dear packaging experts,

we are a food manufacturer an in the last audit our auditor asked, if we check the conformance certificates for complying to the relevant EU legislation. the question now is, what are the relevant ones? Could anyone supply me with a list?

Thanks a lot.

regards Beanny
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Environmental Monitoring for a plastics packaging facility Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry
[Ad]
Dear cocoabean,

The relevant EC legislation with respect to what ?? packaging ?

(Please don't say "hygiene" )

This is maybe a starter -

Food_Contact_Materials_and_Packaging_Legislation_Overview.pdf   32.05KB   58 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C
2 Thanks
If it is packaging legislation that you are talking about the list is virtually endless and it seems that there is a new law every year.

Most is for food contact and is mostly related to plastics. Fortunately there is not too much for other materials.

This is a UK guide to Food Contact Packaging Legislation - Good reading for insomniacs!

Attached Files

1 Thank
Dear Foodworker,

Thks for attachment.

The net result is quite interesting however this document surely contains the most verbose "introduction" I hv ever seen, all 21 pgs of it. Hopefully not characteristic of the industry.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS I guess the 9 revisions was a preliminary warning.
Beanny this website has everything you need. It's official and always up to date.

EU - Food Contact Materials Reference

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Environmental Monitoring for a plastics packaging facility Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing