What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for comparative cost study between BRC and ISO 22000

Started by , Dec 13 2010 04:00 PM
3 Replies
hi,
i'm student in italy and realizing a cost study of brc and iso 22000 for my thesis and i need some informations about the distribution of several costs wich certification and post-certification require. the purpose of my study is to help small and medium food firms to make decisions about food safety certifications.

thx a lot
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification?
[Ad]
I think you will find the costs are very much the same between BRC and ISO 22000 certification in itself and the real cost variance will depend more on your starting point and size of business.

What I mean by ‘starting point’ is that we could be dealing with a company that has a very good and well developed Food Safety Management System and they only need to pay the costs of a certification audit and then the ongoing recertification.

Alternatively the company may be less well developed and not have the skills and resources ‘in house’ to develop a Food Safety Management System then you may need a consultant and also to develop your FSMS system, which could include training and investments in building and infrastructure development and the procurements of products and services to support the FSMS.

Also we could be dealing with a small factory with maybe one or two people or a multi site organisation with thousands of employees and this will also affect the costs significantly.

I think the question as it stands is flawed and so any conclusions would be of little value. A better project would be to base a costing on a fictitious company of know size in terms of people and footprint, possibly a start up with no FSMS expertise or systems in place and then list and cost everything from scratch. You will find then that the cost of certification is only a small proportion of the overall cost. I’m sure members could help you with something like that.

In my experience the main factor in shaping a company’s decision whether to go with BRC or ISO 22000 is customer requirement.

Regards,
Simon
thanks a lot for the explanations and advices :) they were helpfull really. I think it's a better to fix the size and category of the company, then making a list of needs to reach certification with relating costs for BRC and Iso 22000.

plz,

to determine needs of any type of certification , i should use the checklist wich we use for audits or what ?

thx
plz if anyone can help me for this, i m so in a hurry

thx a lot

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6