What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 4.3.6 - Finished product specification

Started by , Dec 28 2010 08:36 PM
4 Replies

Hello Everyone,

My company is moving for SQF and in that i saw that company is required to keep finished product specification. We produce dry powder mixes like soup bases, pancake mixes, drink with sugar. In finished product testing we just cook the product and check whether it tastes good or not. so in this case in point 4.3.6 of SQF which kind of specification should i write? Or i have to add pH, density, leavening index (such kind of test) in my finished product testing?

Dhaval

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
2.3.2.9 Specification Repackaging of Food Grade product FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?
[Ad]

Hello Everyone,

My company is moving for SQF and in that i saw that company is required to keep finished product specification. We produce dry powder mixes like soup bases, pancake mixes, drink with sugar. In finished product testing we just cook the product and check weather it tastes good or not. so in this case in point 4.3.6 of SQF which kind of specification should i write? Or i have to add pH, density, leavening index (such kind of test) in my finished product testing?

Dhaval

From my understanding the product spec could include any of the following and is generally dictated by the customer:

- Product Name

- Customer

- Customer Address

- Manufacturing Address

- Site Approval Number

- Product unique identification code

- Applicable legislation requirements

- Ingredients listing

- Packaging Details

- Specific Label requirements including allergen contents

- Explicit date coding

- Bar Code details

- Prescribed storage conditions

- Criteria for product acceptance

- Quality attributes

- Microbiological criteria

- Chemical criteria

- Physical criteria

- Sensory criteria

- Food Quality Plans

- Specific usage instructions

- Shelf life

- Food Safety plans including Critical Control Point monitoring requirements and acceptable criteria

- Delivery agreement
2 Thanks
Dear Dhaval joshi,

This thread might be useful to you -

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__40254

Rgds / charles.C
Here is the example specification from the other thread Charles pointed to.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Is there any way I can get a version of the above spec template to download to use?  I see it is just a PDF.  I believe this may be suffice to what the FDA is looking for except the fact that it doesn't mention Purity or strength. (which is what they dinged me for).

Similar Discussion Topics
2.3.2.9 Specification Repackaging of Food Grade product FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Tracing Finished Goods BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment