What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

6.3.2 For Metal Detector Test Pieces?

Started by , Jan 24 2011 05:03 PM
7 Replies
Hi all,

I've been through 5 BRC audits, and have never heard of this, but on a recent audit, the firm I began working for got a non-conformity under 6.3.2 stating that "vendor supplied metal detector test wands were not certified". Has anyone else heard of this? Do I need to get the sticks certified by the manufacturer?

Thanks!!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food?
[Ad]
Yes, I've heard of it and been asked for it before. All metal detector test pieces should be issued with a certificate of calibration or conformity and this should be available to the auditor.
Great thank you!
Hi GMO,

Should this test strips also include an unique identification?
I have never seen those.

Should there really be organisations, who say to test with 2 mm and actually put a test piece of 5 mm in it? What is the use? They are only foolinge them selves.
I have seen many places 2 mm and 5 mm coins made up of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.

Calibration companies do the test for weights and thickness and purity comes from certificate when we purchase.
Dear All,

IMEX, available from the company (or agent) selling the metal detector. For obvious reasons.

Rgds / Charles.C
Hi Charles,

Yes I know these test kits from Mettler Toledo and Loma. I have one of Loma myself.
However there is no certificate or statement coming with this test pieces and neither is there an unique number on it.

After reading GMOs answer, I recalled that when we received the test kit after a training by loma, the spoker told us to use our own test kit, and look carefully at the test kits from companies, because sometimes the bullet was replaced by a bigger one by the company. I thought this was a fairy tale story, just to sell more test kits to us and did not spend any attention to the mentioned issue.

Now, I am wondering..... are these things really happening?
Most do have a unique identification number. Try icteststick, their's do.

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Metal detector rejects BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Metal detectable Infrared thermometer?