What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Standards for 3rd Party Warehouse - Approved Supplier Program

Started by , Feb 28 2011 07:29 PM
4 Replies
Hi! My Supply Chain Dir has asked me to come up with a questionnaire for potential warehousing.... can I just adapt my approved supplier program, or is there someplace in the standard that is specific to 3rd party warehousing? Any help you can provide would be great! Thanks!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pallet treatment standards for a food facility EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]
I think you could adapt your Supplier Approval Program Questionnaire for potential warehousing "suppliers". Just change around some of the questions to apply to the necessary requirements.

I.e. How do you monitor temperatures? What food defense program do you have in place? If refrigerated warehousing, what is your refrigeration capacity? Pest Control? Racks designed to be easily cleaned underneath, etc.? What sort of Preventive Maintenance Program do they have in place? Back-up plans for power outages, etc.? Traceability?
1 Thank
thanks! That was my thought, as well. :)
This is state of the art for storage and distribution in the food chain:
The BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution Issue 2

This or similar standards will become more widespread as FSMS standards grow within the food supply chain. And by the way we have a documentation package available for this standard.

Regards,
Simon
Thanks so much for the quick responses!

Similar Discussion Topics
Pallet treatment standards for a food facility EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards RTD Coffee Processing Standards Shelf Life Standards Lastest AIB standards BRC Site Standards Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing