What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Shelf life of essences with alcohol as a preservative

Started by , Mar 08 2011 03:34 PM
2 Replies
Hi

I wonder if anybody has any information about determining shelf life of essences which are a mixture of alcohol (40% brandy) and filtered water, at a % of alcohol to water of 10, 20. 33. 40 % 50 %.

Any help of information would be great.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life
[Ad]
You can either conduct an accelerated shelf life and there are some laboratoreis that may perform this test. This is subjecting the products at elevated temperatures and conducting tests on them.

I feel that this test is not as accurate as if you were to store the samples and conducting tests every month depending on what sort of shelf life you were looking for. you can test for microbiological tests, sensory tests for smell and flavour profile.

I hope this helps.

2 Thanks
Dear rubered,

Maybe you can find useful input in the following links:

Food product shelf life

The stability and shelf life of foods

Good luck!
Philip

Similar Discussion Topics
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life Shelf life of vacuumed rainbow trout fillets Pasteurizing Chilli Relish to extend shelf life Shelf life issue fresh fish Shelf Life Standards Shelf life testing of beef and chicken donair meat