What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Help needed to develop exceptional purchasing policy for SQF

Started by , Mar 08 2011 07:04 PM
3 Replies
my company is small scale. Sometimes we buy few ingredients (twice in a year) from sams or other super stores (In emergency). I am about to develope exceptional purchasing policy for SQF. Any one have idea how this policy should be? what should i include ?

Dave
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Compressed air testing needed?
[Ad]

my company is small scale. Sometimes we buy few ingredients (twice in a year) from sams or other super stores (In emergency). I am about to develope exceptional purchasing policy for SQF. Any one have idea how this policy should be? what should i include ?

Dave

You can look at covering exceptional purchases with a risk assessment and an extrordinary testing/verification schedule for that purchase such as a decision to positive release any batches made with the material.

Regards,

Tony
2 Thanks
I agree with the comments made by Tony - C as I usually use a risk assessment and categorise my suppliers as A & B

A being exceptional with products delivered on time and with no complaints and a history with that supplier
B being a second choice supplier if A does not have the product that you want. there is no real histrory and one needs to conduct testing of their product

i hope this helps.

Regards

Ajay Shah
2 Thanks
Thnaks both of you for youre correct help.

Regards
Dave

Similar Discussion Topics
As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Compressed air testing needed? Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy Meat Processing Garment Policy Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing First Expire First Out (FEFO) Policy