What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Auditor prerequisite

Started by , Mar 30 2011 03:09 AM
7 Replies
Hi,

Can anyone guide me what are the prerequisites for becoming an external auditor!!

Any details on this appreciated..as i want to make my career as an auditor in down track of 5 years....

So if there is specific requirements i can start work on that

Thanks
1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Over lenient NSF auditor Are You an Effective Auditor? FSSC Internal auditor competency Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date BRCGS 3.5.3 Issue 6 - Internal Auditor competency
[Ad]
Hi

Like production operator, Food Safety Team Leader, Supervisor, Engineer, Chemist, or anyone who plays a role in the system and or who has bearing in food safety or customer satisfaction must be competent. So, I think the requirements are determined by a certain program/standard, according to what performance is desired from an auditor.

Common minimum is an auditing course for the applicable standard. Other possible qualifications are education, knowledge, skills, a period of experience, and others as they might apply.

Hi,

Can anyone guide me what are the prerequisites for becoming an external auditor!!

Any details on this appreciated..as i want to make my career as an auditor in down track of 5 years....

Thanks

Following links may provide some useful information.

http://www.irca.org/...uditorcert.html
http://www.irca.org/...itorcert_8.html

Attached is a file having a summary of food safety auditor's competency requirements.
Auditor\'s Competency.PDF   1.52MB   100 downloads

Regards:
M.Zeeshan

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,SS2010,

Which kind of auditor would you like to become? Diferent scheme has different requirements for quaitor qualifications. Need more details,

Best regards,

Jason
Hi

All Certification Body (CB) has it's own requirement.
Think about which one you want to join and ask them directly.
Mostly your work experience (min. 4 years on field), standard specific knowledge and of course auditing experience is the highest requirement.
At least you need an IRCA training and the rest is as CB needs.

regards,
kox
Hi SS2010,

The information that JAKMQA Has provided will be useful as it relates to Australia. If you need further advice i suggest that you contact the following training organisations who can assit you as they provide excellent training:

Adavancing Food Safety: http://www.haccptown...a/html/home.htm

Regards

Ajay
Nice one, Dr Ajay!

HACCPtown does provide excellent training.

I'll vouch for that; have done training with them.

Similar Discussion Topics
Over lenient NSF auditor Are You an Effective Auditor? FSSC Internal auditor competency Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date BRCGS 3.5.3 Issue 6 - Internal Auditor competency BRCGS Auditor Issue 6 SQF Auditor - Contractor vs Salaried? Where do I find the Practical Internal auditor Training for Food Operations Previous recording that I just purchased? Is there a process that allows me to request another auditor? Will an auditor show up on a Friday for an Unannounced SQF Audit?