What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for an expert in chocolate coatings

Started by , Mar 31 2011 06:02 PM
8 Replies
We want to improve our chocolate coatings and are looking for a consultant on this topic with enough experience. We are talking about coatings for ice creams, that harden when they are applied. If you can recommend someone please do so. We are located in guatemala so we would rather have someone from the U.S. or Mexico, maybe Europe. Thank you,
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Tempering Chocolate for coated products Traceability procedure in chocolate and candy making Epoxy Floor Coatings issue Anyone else work in a Chocolate Factory?
[Ad]

We want to improve our chocolate coatings and are looking for a consultant on this topic with enough experience. We are talking about coatings for ice creams, that harden when they are applied. If you can recommend someone please do so. We are located in guatemala so we would rather have someone from the U.S. or Mexico, maybe Europe. Thank you,

Mariajo
Are you using compound or couverture chocolate?
Hi

Coconut oil could be the answer to hardening of chocolate in frozen conditions, it would made it brittle not hard

but you will be best talking to US & mexico Chocolate suppliers who is out there to come and help, some suppliers will do this free as part of there services.

1 Thank

Hi

I am a food technologist from India. If interested let me know the your coating issues?
thanks
btgorti

You can try to contact Fuji Oil, they have experience with fats for that.
We also produce coatings for ice cream, and we have good experience with them.
1 Thank
Thank you. we are trying to copy a cheaper coating but we have not been able to do so. This other coating is very thick and ours is thin. Do you know if that is due to a higher percentage of oil or is it another oil with a higher melting point? Regards,

Maria Jose
Hi

I am a food technologist from India. If interested let me know the your coating issues?
thanks
btgorti

[/quote]

We are using a mixture of cocoa powder and palm oil.

Mariajo
Are you using compound or couverture chocolate?

It depends of the fat phase!!! if you need further information let me know I have been working in that field

Good day. I need some help with a chocolate coating for ice cream & I see some persons here with experience.

Our chocolate coating is setting in 9 seconds after dipping but we need it to set in about 3 seconds. We are using coconut oil (unhydrogenated), powdered sugar, hydrogenated palm oil, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, vanilla - in that order of ingredients.

Any help in improving the hardening will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Tempering Chocolate for coated products Traceability procedure in chocolate and candy making Epoxy Floor Coatings issue Anyone else work in a Chocolate Factory? How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? Tree Nuts Allergen Validation for Chocolate Manufacturing Facility Rice Pudding, Gelatin, Chocolate Pudding, Flan FSIS Help Questions/Evaluate this chocolate powdered milk formulation Typical % Rework Added for Chocolate Bars