What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pseudomonas & Aerobic Colony Counts

Started by , May 18 2011 03:59 PM
1 Reply
Hi All.

I haven't posted on the site for a few weeks - bogged down with exam study at at the mo...

I have a quick query I wondered if anyone could help me with. Does anyone know any reasons for consistently getting higher pseudomonas counts than aerobic colony counts (TVC)? Obviously the thing that springs to mind may be analyst error, but if this is not the case...?

As far as I can suss out, pseudomonads are obligate aerobes and therefore their test is a surface spread plate. However, this seems to be a regular occurance and have ruled out analyst and plate reading errors.

Am I missing something?

Pops
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Maximum acceptable pseudomonas in shellfish? Pseudomonas in shellfish Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in bottled water Pseudomonas aeruginosa Pseudomonas - sensible spec?
[Ad]
What incubation temp are you receiving the higher TVC counts

Hi All.

I haven't posted on the site for a few weeks - bogged down with exam study at at the mo...

I have a quick query I wondered if anyone could help me with. Does anyone know any reasons for consistently getting higher pseudomonas counts than aerobic colony counts (TVC)? Obviously the thing that springs to mind may be analyst error, but if this is not the case...?

As far as I can suss out, pseudomonads are obligate aerobes and therefore their test is a surface spread plate. However, this seems to be a regular occurance and have ruled out analyst and plate reading errors.

Am I missing something?

Pops

Similar Discussion Topics
Maximum acceptable pseudomonas in shellfish? Pseudomonas in shellfish Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in bottled water Pseudomonas aeruginosa Pseudomonas - sensible spec?