What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Legal non compliance in ISO 22000

Started by , May 24 2011 05:04 AM
4 Replies
Hi,
If a company who has certified for ISO 22000 and if it got NC against legal non complaince - this will be raised under which clause of ISO 22000?. Will it be under 4.1???.

Rgds,
anish
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Is anyone aware of a legal or regulatory definition of the food claim term 'simple'? Checks to ensure vitamins and supplements are safe and legal to sell in the UK and EU? Chocolate - legal requirements Legal requirements or guidelines for foreign objects
[Ad]

Hi,
If a company who has certified for ISO 22000 and if it got NC against legal non complaince - this will be raised under which clause of ISO 22000?. Will it be under 4.1???.

Rgds,
anish

Hi Anish,
IMO it does not have to be necessarily 4.1. In fact it is unlikely that legal non-compoliance would be raised under 4.1. It would that specific clause of the standard under which non-compliance is found. For example if it is related to end product characteristic or the labelling requirement than it would be 7.3.3.2.
If NC is related to training and there is some legal requirement laid down for training of personnel in food industry than clause would be 6.2.2.

If there is no planning to meet the legal requirements or keep themselves updated with the changing legal requirement than clause would be 5.1 Management committment or may be 5.2 food safety policy.

Hence depnding upon the situation the clause would be used to raise the NC.

Thanks

Gourav
Thanks Gourav,

I understood. But the situation is a general situation like dumping a material in drain!!!. So its not related to any food safety issue!!. So, I came to know it will be under 5.7 emergency perparedness.

Rgds
1 Thank
Dear anish,

Probably failure of a prerequisite for a starter, eg 5.6.2e unless the "material" is FS/environment etc innocuous.

And maybe others depending on the specific situation and potential risks involved.

Rgds / Charles.C

Thanks Gourav,

I understood. But the situation is a general situation like dumping a material in drain!!!. So its not related to any food safety issue!!. So, I came to know it will be under 5.7 emergency perparedness.

Rgds

Hi Anish,
I am not sure for this situation the auditor can raise an NC on this issue under emergency preparedness because organizations are required to manage potential emergency situations and accidents that can impact food safety relevant for the role of the organization in the food chain.
Now if there is no food safety issue the auditor should keep away from it. Otherwise there is whole plethora of legal requirements to be met and audited.

If there is food safety issue the NC can be raised under PRP or management committment.

Thanks

Gourav

Similar Discussion Topics
Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Is anyone aware of a legal or regulatory definition of the food claim term 'simple'? Checks to ensure vitamins and supplements are safe and legal to sell in the UK and EU? Chocolate - legal requirements Legal requirements or guidelines for foreign objects Legal Requirements for Plastics Cooked shrimp from Thailand, is what we are doing legal or illegal? Is there any legal requirement or BRC requirement that product shelf life of MAP Packed Bread has to be reviewed at any frequency? What type of legal assistance do you use for your consulting services? The legal regulatory definition of Foodstuffs