What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Glass Program-Ceramics?

Started by , May 25 2011 06:32 PM
4 Replies
Using Cermic sharpening steels, SQF auditor asked how it was addressed in Glass Program. Suggestions? Everyone uses them so I dont know if getting rid of them is an option. What can we replace them with that is comparable?

Thanks
Brian

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check
[Ad]
Does anyone have a good control system for ceramic sharpening steels?
Bump
Hello Brian,

Do you have a knive contro program?
Can you add the sharpening steels to this program?

How about this ceramic sharpening steels. I do not know these. Are these really from ceramic, just like ceramic tiles? Or are these more linke sharpening stones?
Do you agree with the auditor and is there a risk of ceramic flakes coming off and contaminating your products?
If not, can you write a risk assessment (including validation) that these items are no risk to product contamination?

I hope these questions set the first step to the solution.
Hello Brian,

I am presuming that the ceramic sharpening steels are actually sharpening stones and these need to be kept in the maintenance area so that if knives need sharpening then one can send them off to the maintenance area followed by a thorough clean and sanitaion before use, therby minimising any risk of contaminating high care area and food alike.

Cheers

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check Glass and Brittle Plastic Register Glass and Brittle Plastic Inventory (form) Do we need to add plastic cat trap to our Glass and Brittle Plastic controls? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Glass Receptacle X-ray Validation for special-risk group population