What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have a Waitrose standard that they can share?

Started by , May 27 2011 03:23 PM
4 Replies
Hello

Does anyone have a Waitrose standard that they can share

thanks

Caz xx
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method
[Ad]

Hello

Does anyone have a Waitrose standard that they can share

thanks

Caz xx

Dear cazyncymru
Did you mean the standard that Waitrose company follow it?,If is it yor target see the following link:

http://www.waitrose....es/farming.html

Best Wishes,
Youssef
Hi Caz,

Don't know if the attachment will be of any use? but its a Waitrose site approval audit checklist

43927a SiteApprovalAuditChecklistDRAFT Mar 2011.doc   263KB   350 downloads

regards
Jay
3 Thanks
Dear Jayqc,

Thks for this document. Interesting content. Generally quite functional IMO but I noticed it is a draft so perhaps that explains some of the (obvious) errors and (to me anyway) some strange items/curious grammar here and there, eg -

Dubious/frequent use of the word “adequate”, eg Illness reporting adequate (10.4)
Preventive (??) Pest Control (Section 11)
If fridges provided for staff use - are temperatures monitored? (10.15)
Control of malicious tempering adequate (12.4)
Document cleaning schedule available (9.1)
Waitrose also seem to consider that “rest room” is different to toilet (?)(10.14)
The HACCP section seems amazingly short.
Ominous - Does the site agree to achieve Accreditation as required by Waitrose if applicable ?

Was interested to see the “Use of latex avoided” and the “PVC not in use” preferences. Are these official UK recommendations anywhere (the first one has already occurred in another thread here) ?

A useful compilation, thanks again.

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Jayqc,

Thks for this document. Interesting content. Generally quite functional IMO but I noticed it is a draft so perhaps that explains some of the (obvious) errors and (to me anyway) some strange items/curious grammar here and there, eg -

Dubious/frequent use of the word “adequate”, eg Illness reporting adequate (10.4)
Preventive (??) Pest Control (Section 11)
If fridges provided for staff use - are temperatures monitored? (10.15)
Control of malicious tempering adequate (12.4)
Document cleaning schedule available (9.1)
Waitrose also seem to consider that “rest room” is different to toilet (?)(10.14)
The HACCP section seems amazingly short.
Ominous - Does the site agree to achieve Accreditation as required by Waitrose if applicable ?

Was interested to see the “Use of latex avoided” and the “PVC not in use” preferences. Are these official UK recommendations anywhere (the first one has already occurred in another thread here) ?

A useful compilation, thanks again.

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles,

Glad you found it interesting and hope its of some use to Caz although nothing really unexpected on it I would suggest, although as said it is a draft. As you pointed out the term adequate is used a lot!
With regards to PVC in packaging I did find this letter from the British Plastics Federation to Waitrose regarding the PVC issue!
http://www.bpf.co.uk...d6-adb5f4004fd3

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? Can anyone share an example of the Equipment Management SOP and Checklist ASDA manufacturing standard How to comply with the standard of not storing product directly on the floor? Latest version of Yum standard