What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

PAS 96:2010 - Defending food and drink

Started by , Jun 07 2011 08:50 PM
2 Replies

PAS 96:2010 - Defending food and drink. Guidance for the deterrence, detection and defeat of ideologically motivated and other forms of malicious attack on food and drink and their supply arrangements.

This one slipped by me. Has anyone purhcased this guidance and use it as a reference. Anything new or ground breaking in this or just a rehash of available information?

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

This one slipped by me. Has anyone purhcased this guidance and use it as a reference. Anything new or ground breaking in this or just a rehash of available information?

Regards,
Simon

Have not seen it and not sure I would pay for it.

I have been through AIB Food Defense Coordinator training and it was nothing ground breaking.

We also have guidance documents from 3 or 4 of our major customers and had one customer that performed an annual Food Defense Audit. They recently sold their product line so that audit went away but other customers are looking at audit formats for the future.
I glanced over it as some background reading a wee while ago. Firstly, it is a free document (PAS - Publicly Available Specification.)

It introduces the idea of a TACCP analyses and associated team. It largely concentrates on security of the supply chain, site location, employees, traceability in process and tampering. It also mentions creating plans for recovery after any attacks / incidents. There is a handy wee checklist at the back to act as an aide-mémoire.

The details given for contacts in case of an incident is UK specific, so that part would be of little use elsewhere.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces