What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF not acceptable to some exporters?

Started by , Jun 20 2011 03:06 PM
2 Replies
My company is currently deciding between SQF and BRC certifications. A colleague of mine said that they decided to go with BRC due to them being more widely accepted internationally. Now I haven't gone to our suppliers yet..... I just wanted to get other opinions first. Thanks!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP Are black safety shoes acceptable in a food plant?
[Ad]

My company is currently deciding between SQF and BRC certifications. A colleague of mine said that they decided to go with BRC due to them being more widely accepted internationally. Now I haven't gone to our suppliers yet..... I just wanted to get other opinions first. Thanks!

Hi Tiffany

Welcome, I guess it depends on your customers (I would suggest discussing it with them) and where you want to export to?

BRC is more likely to be accepted in Europe.

Regards,

Tony
SQF and BRC are both GFSI benchmarked (approved) standards. Like Tony said ask some of your bigger customers. From my experience SQF is big in North America with BRC also becoming widley used there. In EU nobody uses SQF at all it's just BRC and IFS.

Similar Discussion Topics
Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP Are black safety shoes acceptable in a food plant? IFS 3.3.3 - What is acceptable as a training signature? Is a signature stamp acceptable for use in the food safety plan? Standard Plate Count acceptable results Acceptable Peroxide Values in Palm Free Stabilizer Color deviation acceptable range