What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Glass Detection with X-Rays

Started by , Jul 09 2011 02:07 PM
5 Replies
Hello friends,

Who has experience with the detection of glass pieces with X-rays?

Are X-Rays efficient/reliable in glass detection in food products?

Thnx

Yannis
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check
[Ad]
Rayonics Italia, a team with extensive experience in x-ray inspection systems for packaging and food processing quality control, has developed a modular system for the inspection of glass jars and bottles.
The system can handle all formats up to 4.25 litre jars and has been designed to increase detection performance: for foreign bodies thinner than 3 mm or on the sidewalls of square-shaped containers. www.rayonics.it.

Hope you will find what you are looking for!

Maria Luisa
The X-Ray where I work has supplier provided calibration pieces of glass, ceramic, rubber, aluminium and stainless steel of varying sizes. I have never had a failed or incomplete result for the glass calibration piece. Also keep in mind X-Rays detect by density so even things along the lines of fruit seeds come up looking like a small black stones in your product which will cause the X-Ray to reject it. Yes settings could be adjusted to stop this but I would rather be safe than sorry!
I would recommend talking to suppliers of X-Ray machines, they would be able to give you the best answers as to what would be suitable for glass detection in your product(s).
Thank you both for your valuable suggestions and information

regards

Yannis
Hi Yannis,

I am from x-ray manufacturing company. X-ray system can reliably detect glass pieces but I will also add that the size of glass that can be detected depends on application details. We also offer specialized model for glass-in-glass inspection.

I would be happy to assist further on your specific requirements. You can contact me at kiran.deochake@eaglepi.com for speicific details.

Regards.

Kiran
I'm going on a course next week regarding foreign object detection and will definitely see what's to offer regarding x trays

Thanks for all the info

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check Glass and Brittle Plastic Register Glass and Brittle Plastic Inventory (form) Do we need to add plastic cat trap to our Glass and Brittle Plastic controls? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Glass Receptacle X-ray Validation for special-risk group population