What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Nut Policy in Direct Food Contact Packaging Manufacturing

Started by , Jul 18 2011 01:25 PM
3 Replies
What would you consider to be a sensible nut policy for a Direct Food Contact Packaging manufacturer. Bearing in mind work clothes are not changed prior to eating and drinking, but there is barrier hand washing before entry back into production.

Thanks,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product
[Ad]
Sorry but if you were supplying me I'd say no nuts on site, at all. Easy to implement, easy to prove, everything else will require quite a bit of validation work.

Sorry but if you were supplying me I'd say no nuts on site, at all. Easy to implement, easy to prove, everything else will require quite a bit of validation work.

This is the way I have just gone (making low risk ingredients, flavours etc). It is black and white and after taking advice on here, if you are not processing nuts in manufacturing it allows you to (as Simon once put it), "Move (the auditor) onto the next question".

It generates a fair amount of whinging but I'm never going to be popular in this job so never mind...
Thanks for your opinions; anyone else? Maybe a BRC/IOP Auditor?

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES)